Monday, March 23, 2009

Planting a Rainbow

Today the kids didn't have school, so I decided to have them plant a rainbow. We have read a book about this little girl who plants flowers in all the colors of the rainbow, and the kids wanted to do it. We went to the garden center, and they picked out the seeds they wanted. The porch is now filled with trays of Marigolds, Bells of Ireland, delphinium, and others. I know they will enjoy seeing all the seeds become tiny plants. Last summer I planted cherry tomatoes, and J and S were thrilled when they first noticed the tiny tomatoes on the vine. Today I planted a few trays of basil, chives, two types of cherry tomotoes, and mesclun. It will be several months before my garden looks like it did above, but I know it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment