Sunday, March 8, 2009

Appetizer 1 - Artichoke Dip

I think that this is the best artichoke dip I have ever eaten. Okay, the Great Dane's dip is really good, but they won't give out the recipe, even after I begged. This one is easy and has been very well received. I made 9 lbs of this for last years auction, and there was none left!

1 lb cream cheese, room temp
1/3 cup shredded Asiago cheese
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, drained (NOT MARINATED)
1/3 cup mayonnaise
chipoltle puree, to taste

Mix, pour into pie plate and bake, until bubbly, at 350 degrees. When I make large quantities of this, I put it in a crockpot to warm, then transfer to chafing dish. Good with breads, crackers, veggies, and from experience, eaten with a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment