Monday, April 27, 2009

What I'm Reading


I just started reading this book, and am really enjoying it. The author, Michael Perry, lives in Wisconsin, and has written a couple other books. In this adventure he writes about chopping wood, chickens, his love for his wife and "given" daughter, the expectancy of his child, and it all takes place on a rural Wisconsin farm. Now I grew up in Wisconsin, not on a farm, but I can relate to so much of it. Especially about sitting by the stove. At my Grandmother's shack (cottage) we all gathered around an old black stove, heat coming from the wood we cut, split, and stacked in one big family fall weekend. That stack would provide her heat all winter, and keep us toasty as we layed on the floor, in front of it, playing Chinese checkers and Scrabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment