Thursday, April 16, 2009

Farmers Market starts Saturday!

I can't wait to start the new season at the Dane County Farmers Market. The setting is perfect, the Capital Square. I get there early, some vendors are still setting up. I start walking, stopping at Stella's Bakery, for some still warm spicy cheese bread. I always have to pick out the hunk of cheese that has oozed out, and eat it right away. My family has no idea that even exists. Next a stop at my favorite flower spot, for some tiny sterling roses. They are a beautiful shade of lavender and smell heavenly. When I get home I will put them into an antique wine glass, and set it on my nightstand. I continue the walk, smelling my roses, looking out for Farmer John's cheese, because his curd is the best, still warm, with whey dripping from it, and of course, squecky. I'll continue thinking about what I can cook, with all the bounty at my fingertips. By the time I'm done, my Lands' End tote will be full. And I will have a wonderful ride home, with cinnamon rolls for the family and big cooking plans for the weekend. If you are ever in the area, don't miss the experience. And check out their website at www.dcfm.org

No comments:

Post a Comment