Friday, July 29, 2011

Craft Day with Aunt Gwen: "Tie Dye" shirts

This was such a fun project! I kept wondering why I didn't buy myself a t-shirt!

You will need one 100% cotton shirt, Sharpies or Bic permanent markers, eye droppers and rubbing alcohol. It's easy-peasy. Lay the shirt flat, placing a piece of cardboard inside the shirt to prevent bleeding through. Make dots in a circle, pressing hard to have lots of ink on the fabric, then drop rubbing alcohol in the center, and watch the ink bleed. I threw them in a hot dryer to set the color. The kids all loved this project. And I am now working on a tote bag.




M was the most diligent, which probably comes from being the oldest. I think hers turned out the best, just don't tell the others!




The finished product. I love that the kids love spending time together, and get along great.


The Fab Four!

No comments:

Post a Comment