Thursday, May 14, 2009

Those were the Days

I miss the days when my boys spent their time in these classic john-johns. I love the smocking and sweet embroidery. They got matching ones, john- john for J and bubble for S, for Easter, Fourth of July. They had diggers, lobsters, lizards, and I have all of them still hanging in a closet because I can't bear to part with them. They wore leather "Christopher Robin" shoes with turned down cotton socks. All of which I had to order from down South. Every trip we made to South Carolina and Georgia, I stocked up on beautiful children's clothes. I have such a problem finding appropriate clothing. They are not allowed to wear sleeveless shirts, nothing with crass phrases on it, no sweats in public, shorts have to be above the knee, shirts start out tucked in, no hats or hoods in a building. The older they get, the harder time I have finding nice clothing for them. Everything ends up being Polo and Lands' End.

2 comments:

  1. I have saved all of our son's john johns too... and he is 8!!! What a precious phase the john john phase is!! I love your blog. The pedicure will follow soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over to grab your bloggy award... bestowed to newly discovered blogs!

    ReplyDelete