Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Teashop Girls Tea Party

Waiting for the guests to arrive.
As my donation to the school auction, I hosted a tea party today for a group of young ladies
at my house. The whole event was based on the book The Teashop Girls, by Madison writer Laura Schaefer. She reads my blog and I asked her to come talk to the girls about being a writer. She was completely delightful, and the girls were thrilled to meet her.
Is Z not wearing the PERFECT dress? She was matched to a T.

My niece, M, was so excited about meeting a real live author. She wants to know what author will be next. On a fashion note: LOVE Laura's shoes!


The favor boxes were all pink, sugary and girly!
Cookies by Design (thanks Ann) made teapot cookies to match
the teapot on the cover of the book.

Laura signing her book. Check out her website here, and buy the book!

Mrs V. hosted the party with me. She's the best.


All the young ladies, with Laura.

1 comment: