Saturday, August 8, 2009

How I spent my 40th Birthday

I took part in my first ever piano recital. I started taking lessons this summer. I thought it was a good example for the kids to see you are never too old to learn something new.

J is better than I am, he's been playing one year.
J and I after the recital
S is thrilled it's over!
Dinner at Paisan's, one of my favorites
The view of Lake Monona. I don't know what these people are thinking eating out in 100% humidity.
The Porta Salad. Amazing! Iceberg and Romaine lettuce topped with ham, salami, Cheddar and Mozzerella cheeses, garbanzo beans and greeen peppers.


Apparently it was good.
My birthday cake, from Carl's Cakes. Buttercream frosting. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. love your crown... you wear it well! Congrats on starting piano... your sons are adorable! (I've got you beat by a couple of years, but shhhhh... don't tell!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwennie, I think it's wonderful that you are trying new things. You are an inspiration to us all not only your son! :)

    My first time to your blog. Enjoyed looking it over.

    greetings from a Southern girl with a southern soul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen, I was so surprised (and pleased) to see the picture of you wearing the apron that I made. Thanks for putting my Etsy address in your blog. I just love reading your blog and seeing your family photos.
    I am also so proud to see you playing the piano. What a great idea!
    Love, Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete