Friday, November 11, 2011

Cleaning Out

My father has asked my sister and I to clean out the basement in the house he and Mom lived in since 1976. We have been at it for months, doing a little at a time. It has been fun seeing all the things that were part of our childhood. Fisher Price people, the Santa face that hung in the kitchen (that Mom would point at when we were being naughty... point taken). I have found transferware plates and platters, jars of buttons, papers from grade school. Yesterday I found a box of tiny small ornaments, on the cover was the handwriting of my Great-Grandmother "glass ornaments from Judy". What do I keep? Do I keep the box? I am torn between sentimentality and practicality. My sister in more the practical, I end up with the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment